Your first time in Prague? Get to know the principal sights of "the city of a hundred spires" with this free walking tour of the Czech capital.
Free Walking Tour of Prague
Starting in front of the Hamleys toy shop, at the booth located at Na Příkopě 14, the tour starts by taking in the site of the old city moat, pressed into action at sieges during the Seven Years War, and the War of the Austrian Succession.
From there, the tour heads towards Wenceslas Square, in the heart of the Prague's New Town and dominated at one end by a stunning example of neoclassical architecture: the Czech National Museum. Leaving the almost 14 million items housed inside for another day, the tour dives into the old town, looking for the contrasting Gothic and Baroque beauty of the old town square and the Astronomical Clock: an impressive feat of medieval engineering which at over 600 years old both tells time and gives astronomical information.
Having taken a break, the Jewish Quarter is the next stop, where we can see sights such as Franz Kafka's birthplace, and the setting of the classic expressionist film "The Golem: How He Came into the World". The tour finishes by the river, in front of the Rudolfinum Concert Hall.
Points of Interest
- Wenceslas Square
- National Museum
- Old Town Square
- Astronomical Clock
- Mozart Theater
- House of the Black Madonna
- Powder Tower
- The Golden Route
- Art Nouveau Municipal House
- St. James Church
- St Nicholas' Church
- The Old Town Hall
- Týn Church
- Old Jewish District
- Old New Synagogue
- Old Jewish Cemetery
- This free tour does not permit bookings for more than 6 people. If you are a group of more than 6, please book a private tour of Prague.
- If you are looking for a more complete group tour, check out the guided tour of Prague.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult. The maximum number of children permitted is three per adult
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 6 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
Free tours do not have a fixed price, rather each person offers the guide the amount they consider appropriate, depending on their level of satisfaction.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in English.
English speaking expert guide.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
Bookings are permitted up until 12 hours before the activity as long as there are still places.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
If you are not able to attend the tour, please cancel your reservation in the control panel, otherwise the guide will be waiting for you.
Václavské nám. 832/19