Your first time in Prague? Get to know the principal sights of "the city of a hundred spires" with this free walking tour of the Czech capital.
Free Walking Tour of Prague
Meeting in Wenceslas Square, the tour starts by taking in the site of the old city moat, pressed into action at sieges during the Seven Years War, and the War of the Austrian Succession.
From there, the tour heads towards Wenceslas Square, in the heart of the Prague's New Town and dominated at one end by a stunning example of neoclassical architecture: the Czech National Museum. Leaving the almost 14 million items housed inside for another day, the tour dives into the old town, looking for the contrasting Gothic and Baroque beauty of the old town square and the Astronomical Clock: an impressive feat of medieval engineering which at over 600 years old both tells time and gives astronomical information.
Having taken a break, the Jewish Quarter is the next stop, where we can see sights such as Franz Kafka's birthplace, and the setting of the classic expressionist film "The Golem: How He Came into the World". The tour finishes by the river, in front of the Rudolfinum Concert Hall.
Points of Interest
- Wenceslas Square
- National Museum
- Old Town Square
- Astronomical Clock
- Mozart Theater
- House of the Black Madonna
- Powder Tower
- The Golden Route
- Art Nouveau Municipal House
- St. James Church
- St Nicholas' Church
- The Old Town Hall
- Týn Church
- Old Jewish District
- Old New Synagogue
- Old Jewish Cemetery
- This free tour does not permit bookings for more than 6 people. If you are a group of more than 6, please book a private tour of Prague.
- If you are looking for a more complete group tour, check out the guided tour of Prague.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult. The maximum number of children permitted is three per adult
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in English.
English speaking expert guide.
When to book?
You can book up until 2 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Type of voucher
Electronic. Show the voucher on your phone.
All services published on Civitatis are carried out in accordance with our Sustainability Code.
Our providers commit to:
- Provide a safe and satisfying experience.
- Reduce, reuse, recycle.
- Incorporate eco-conscious technologies.
- Uphold fair employment standards.
- Foster the growth of local communities.
- Preserve the integrity of local culture.
- Safeguard both cultural and environmental heritage.
- Ensure ethical treatment of animals.
- Operate with honesty and transparency.
- Encourage sustainable behaviors among customers and staff.
This particular activity contributes as follows:
- Printed material is avoided.
- No single-use plastics are used.
- The activity helps the dissemination of local cultural heritage.
- No printing of documentation required.
- Promotes local employment.
- Has a gender equality policy.
- Has a carbon footprint offset policy.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 4 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions
If you are not able to attend the tour, please cancel your reservation, otherwise the guide will be waiting for you.
Václavské nám. 832/19