The Prague Card is a city pass that gives you free access to over 50 top attractions in Prague and is the best way of saving money.
When buying the card, visitors will be given a free guidebook of Prague (150 pages) containing all the information about the must-see places when they buy this tourist card.
Is it worth buying the Prague Card?
Unlike other tourist cards such as the London Pass, the Prague Card is very economically priced and can be said to be cost-effective in most cases.
For about € 20 (US$ 21.30) per day, you'll have paid entrance to nearly all the top attractions in the Czech capital.
What's included in the card?
These are some of the monuments and buildings included in the Prague Card:
- Prague Castle: short guided tour
- National Museum New Building, the City of Prague Museum, and Náprstek Museum, among many others.
- Bus tour of historical Prague
- Powder Tower, Old Town Tower and Malá Strana Towers
- Petrin Tower, Mirror Maze and Observatory
- Sternberg Palace, Schwarzenberg Palace
- Convent of St. Agnes of Bohemia.
There are many other places included in the Prague Card, but just add the price of the Prague Castle plus the € 4 (US$ 4.30) or € 5 (US$ 5.30) entrance fee to each museum or monument. You'll likely come to the conclusion that this tourist card is definitely worth your while.
The price of the Prague Card varies depending on the days you wish to use the card and your age.
|Type of card||Adults||Children and students|
|Prague Card 1 day||€ 54 (US$ 57.60)||€ 37 (US$ 39.40)|
|Prague Card 2 days||€ 72 (US$ 76.80)||€ 55 (US$ 58.60)|
|Prague Card 3 days||€ 87 (US$ 92.80)||€ 62 (US$ 66.10)|
|Prague Card 4 days||€ 94 (US$ 100.30)||€ 69 (US$ 73.60)|
|Prague Card 5 days||€ 103 (US$ 109.90)||€ 76 (US$ 81)|
|Prague Card 6 days||€ 112 (US$ 119.50)||€ 83 (US$ 88.50)|
The Prague CoolPass Card for students includes children (ages 6-16), high school students or university students (under 26 years old). Keep in mind that you'll need to show a student card as proof that you're still studying.
The card is valid from the date you write on the back of it.
Where to buy the Prague Card?
The easiest, fastest and cheapest way of buying the Prague Card is online. This way, you’ll be able to pick it up at the following points in the city:
- Buy the Prague card online
- It's possible to pick up the Prague Card at the following points in the city:
- Central Bohemia Information Centre: Husova Street 21, Daily from 10 am to 6 pm.
Charles Bridge Information Centre: located at Mostecká Street, 4. You can pick it up every day of the week from 8:30 am to 8:00 pm.
- Martin Tour Kiosk: in the Old Town Square (on the corner of Parizska Street) open daily from 8 am to 3:45 pm.
- Florenc Station tourist information Centre: open every day from 8:30 am to 8:30 pm.