1 See photo gallery
During the ninth century, Bořivoj, the Duke of Bohemia, commissioned the construction of the Prague Castle, founding the city of Prague. Centuries later, Hradčany was established just outside the Castle.
Hradčany’s top attractions are the following:
- Prague Castle: Houses the Golden Lane, the Powder Gate and St George’s Basilica, among many other attractions.
- St Vitus Cathedral: The city’s most important church.
- Loreta: One of Prague's most important pilgrimage sites, it houses a replica of the Santa Casa.
- Strahov Monastery: Founded in 1143, it is currently a museum and monastery.
- Sternberg Palace: From mid-twentieth century, this palace houses part of the National Gallery’s collection of European Art.
1See photo gallery
Tram: line 22.
By foot from Malá Strana
Prague Castle (100 m) St Vitus Cathedral (238 m) St Nicholas Church (404 m) Loreta (459 m) Vrtba Garden (489 m)