In Prague there are numerous museums and art galleries worth visiting. Discover which are the most popular:
Prague's most popular muesums
Located in one of the most emblematic buildings in Prague, the National Museum is the most important museum of the city.
Museum of Communism
The Museum of Communism paints a vivid chronicle of the Communist years in Czechoslovakia in the 20th century, from 1948 to 1989.
Mucha Museum is dedicated to the life and work of the world famous Czech Art Nouveau artist Alphonse Mucha.
Other museums and art galleries
- Museum of the city of Prague (Na poříčí 52, Prague 8): Unfolds the history of Prague and its inhabitants from the prehistoric period up until the seventeenth century. The best part of the museum is Langweil’s model of Prague form the nineteenth century.
- National Technical Museum (Kostelní 42, Prague 7): Transportation, science and cinema are just some of the things that visitors can discover in this museum dedicated to the history of technology.
- Museum of Decorative Arts (Sedmnáctého listopadu 2, Prague 1): It houses a large collection of Czech and European crafts, as well as applied art and design between the sixteenth and nineteenth century.
- Bertramka – Mozart Museum (Mozartova 169, Prague 5): Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart stayed at Bertramka villa during his stays in Prague.
- Náprstek Museum (Betlémské náměstí 1, Prague 1): This museum houses collections of Asian, African and American art.
- Antonín Dvořák Museum (Ke Karlovu 20, Prague 2): As part of the Czech Museum of Music, this museum is dedicated to the life and work of the Czech composer Antonín Dvořák.
- Franz Kafka Museum (Cihelná 2, Prague 1): This is a permanent exhibition on the life and work of the writer Franz Kafka.
- Toy Museum (Jirska 4, Prague 1): Housed inside the Prague Castle, this toy museum has a remarkable collection of Barbie dolls.
- Wax Museum (Melantrichova 5, Prague 1)
- Kampa Museum (U Sovových mlýnů 2, Prague 1).
- Bedrich Smetana Museum (Novotneho Lavka 1, Prague 1).
- Museum of Medieval Torture (Křižovnické náměstí 1, Prague 1)
- Jewish Museum in Prague: Makes up the whole of the six synagogues and Old Jewish Cemetery.