Get to know the jewel of West Bohemia, Karlovy Vary, the spa town known globally for the thermal baths scattered around the city.
As well as its spas, Karlovy Vary is also famous for its International Film Festival, Moser glassware, and the Becherovka herbal liquor.
The tour meets at the Powder Tower leaves the centre of Prague at 8:30 am heading northwest towards Karlovy Vary, making our first stop at a viewpoint, taking in views of the spa town, and orientating ourselves before diving in, metaphorically and perhaps physically, to try its curative waters.
The tour will take in the impressive geysers which spring from underground, forming a 14-metre tall fountain of water, the striking colonnades for which the town is famous, sampling the spa waters which emanate from their numerous fountains, the headquarters of the Knights of the Maltese Cross, and Mozart's house.
All the while your expert local guide will fill you in on the history of the places you visit, the love Holy Roman Emperor Charles IV had for the town and the sites he founded, the first resort built in the 18th century, its expansion over the coming years and its modern role. Today the town is known for its world-famous Moser glassware, and the tour includes a visit to the Moser factory and perhaps you can sample Becherovka herbal liquor as you take advantage of free time at the end of the tour to explore on your own.
The tour then returns to Prague, leaving you at the same point where it began at around 6 pm.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 20 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children under 10|
|English Language Tour||
English Language Tour
Children under 10US$ 67.50
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in English.
Entry to the Moser factory.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
Bookings are permitted up until 48 hours before the activity as long as there are still places.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Powder Tower (Prašná brána)