Prague's National Marionette Theatre is one of the most famous in the world. Enjoy a fun version of a Mozart classic, experiencing a puppet show of Don Giovanni.
What is the National Marionette Theatre?
The Národní Divadlo Marionet, or the Prague National Marionette Theatre, is one of the most famous puppetry houses not only in the Czech Republic, but throughout the world. Its performances are based on the classic works of one of the greatest musical geniuses of all time: Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart.
Each show features a cast of hand-crafted marionettes. For several generations, a group of specialist Czech artisans have created these figures, their costumes and the theatrical scenery used to recreate the different stories. The final result is an incredible performance that will leave you speechless.
Don Giovanni Marionette Show
The marionette show is based on Mozart's original libretto, part of which he composed in Prague itself. The tale narrates the adventures and misfortunes of the legendary lothario Don Juan, or Don Giovanni in Italian.
Experience the performance in the style of the era in which it was based, in the mid 16th century, thanks to the puppets' elaborate period costumes recreating the fashions of the time and the spectacular hand-painted scenery.
Since 1991, over 5000 Don Giovanni marionette shows have been put on at the National Marionette Theatre in Prague. It is undoubtedly one of the most successful works in its genre and a fantastic way to experience the city's rich culture.
As with the majority of operas, this show is performed in the original language of Italian. However, it is not necessary to understand the language to be able to enjoy the marionette show. The puppetry and the music allow visitors to follow the plot perfectly. An unforgettable experience at one of the world's best marionette theatres!
Benefits of reserving tickets online
As well as being guaranteed availability, when you reserve your ticket online in advance, the system will assign you the best possible seats.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 20 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
Don Giovanni show
Seniors over 65 years oldUS$ 22.40
Students with valid student IDUS$ 22.40
Children between 6 and 12 years oldUS$ 22.40
Children under 6 years oldFree
Ticket for the Don Giovanni marionette show.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up to 3 days before (Prague local time) if there are still places available.
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
National Marionette Theatre.